With the excitement of the holidays over, restaurant owners need ways to ensure that winter blahs do not settle in and threaten their profits. Frozen yogurt stores especially need ways to entice customers into their businesses as cooler temperatures decrease the demand for their chilly wares. Break away from the boring and energize your customer base by marketing your business through social media! Here are some frozen yogurt shop ideas for revving up customer interest:
- Run polls on Facebook asking customers to rate their favorite toppings. Reward polltakers with instant coupons for 20 % off or free toppings. The coupons will guarantee a return trip from customers while you gain valuable information about their tastes.
- Have a contest where customers are asked to name and post photos of their ultimate froyo creation on your Facebook page. Everyone votes for his or her favorite; winner will have a picture with the dessert creation hung in your store and receive a voucher free dessert.
- If you also offer baked goods at your frozen yogurt store, use Twitter to notify your customers when a fresh batch is coming hot and delicious out of the oven. This is a great way to remind customers to visit your frozen yogurt store.
- Offer time-sensitive deals via text or Twitter to bring in customers during slow times.
- Many frozen yogurt stores are updating their décor for a more coffeehouse vibe and even adding live music. If you have embraced this trend, keep your customers informed of upcoming event s through texts, Twitter, and Facebook.
Even the technologically challenged find social media marketing a breeze with Calypso’s point of sale software. Calypso seamlessly integrates with Sundrop’s mobile loyalty solution to do most of the work for you! All you have to do is collect the customers’ mobile numbers at the point of sale; Sundrop’s mobile loyalty solution immediately sends an SMS text to new members asking them to reply with their email address, starting customers along the automated registration process. Once customers are automatically entered into the database, you can easily market to these customers with targeted SMS text, email, and voice, and social media communications. Since Sundrop’s loyalty program is cardless, your customers just have to present coupon codes to receive their rewards. It is amazingly simple for both you and your customers!
Calypso’s turn-key package for the frozen yogurt business combines with Sundrop to provide everything your business needs to succeed. Calypso’s yogurt shop POS system is full-featured and simple to use, integrating an employee time clock and labor scheduling, credit card processing, optional tracking of recipes, inventory and ingredients to cover all your needs.